Saturday, October 16, 2010

handmade odds and ends

i have been teaching myself to sew which i must admit has been a slow but rewarding process. i am definitely a beginner sewer, but with time and determination hope to be able to make all the things i have stored in my brain with ease. sometimes it can be slightly frustrating (okay maybe a lot at certain times) to have this amazing idea pop into my head, yet when i get into my studio i don't know where to begin.  the desire for instant gratification tends to take over me most of the time, but i am learning to step back and really think about what i want to do. i visualize throughout day and look forward to getting to my sewing machine which is usually late at night after all the kiddos are in bed.

i was really excited to make this table runner in time for stella's fourth birthday in june. this was a simple project, but makes me smile every time i look at it. i know that when i see this it is just the beginning of great things to come.

 i mentioned in my first post of a wallet i made from the same pants for stella's satchel. this was definitely my hardest project i have done, but with many hours and lots of patience i finished it and absolutely love it.


 i have many more things in the works like arm warmers, napkins and of course halloween costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment